Saturday 1 October 2016

Miscreants


I wrote this poem for an Open Mic with the subject of; 'Skin'. I feel slightly guilty because I couldn't include more names and keep the rhyme. Suffice to say that that I am proud to have served with a bunch of reprobates who got under my skin.

Miscreants

Somehow those miscreants got under my skin,
they were brothers, but never kin.
The likes of Midnight, Scotty, Mac and Doc
in a place where strife ran amok.
There was a job to be done
and it got done
but they had an unrivalled capacity for fun.
It was hard to keep the lid on
Immersed in a crucible
bonds formed, bonds that live on
and will; 'till the last of us is done.
Yes my friends,
you got under my skin
and you live here, deep within.

John Carré Buchanan
11 September 2016

2 comments:

  1. Only just found this one, John, and found it immensely moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard, I am glad you liked it, thanks for your comment.

      Delete

I really appreciate constructive feedback. If you are able to comment it would be most grateful.