Wednesday, 2 July 2014

The Robin

Image Source: John Buchanan

Today I made yet another trip down to the idyllic Moulin Huet Tea Room. Whilst I was there I was inspired to pen a short poem about one of the garden’s residents, who was intent on letting everyone know that he owned the joint. He also graciously allowed me to take his photo.

I hope you enjoy the poem.

The Robin

The Robin owns this place
it's clear for all to see
if he isn't on the bench
he's perched up in a tree.

He hops and jumps and glides about
to search the leafy shade
for morsels of his favourite food
a banquet ready-made.

His pips betray his presence
before you see him clear,
with fiery flash, his Scarlett bib
announces; 'I am here.'

Then the little fellow pips
with voice both loud and true,
as if to say; 'well ok;
I'll share my place with you'.

John Carré Buchanan
02 July 2014

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate constructive feedback. If you are able to comment it would be most grateful.

Visitors






Free counters!



Popular Posts

Blogs I Enjoy Following

  • Crooked - Tony Gardner - A crooked little man with his crooked little wife Lived a little crooked but a happy sort of life Laughing at the troubles that his crooked life threw up I...
    22 hours ago
  • Kentucky Racial Tension - No racial tension In Lexington Kentucky Just tense & intense races Black & white race Cat & rat race Foot Ford train & plane race I am lost amidst this
    5 days ago
  • The Soothsayer - I’m a gypsy roaming turquoise sunsets Fixing pots and pans with artisan hands, A troubadours quill with poems to scribe Wandering psychedelic mystic lands: ...
    1 week ago
  • The Answer - "Am i scared to die?" You ask me Well, I am i must confess In answer to your question then A honest answer "Yes" But ask me "Am i scared to live?" Then this ...
    1 week ago
  • NIGHT OF THE HUNTER - Some years ago, before moving to the coast at Bordeaux Bay, I lived in the Parish of St Peters, one of the few remaining rural parishes. I had, then, two yo...
    1 week ago
  • International Women's Day - A few wee lines to celebrate being a woman in a modern world. At least, here....not every woman is quite so lucky.
    3 weeks ago
  • Stop, Drop, and Roll - *I didn't realize how long it has been since I have been here to write* *Change often seems to create a sense of suspended animation* *where the outer wor...
    3 months ago
  • The soul... - Photo - Barbara Allen 2016 The soul starts out on high, in a peaceful place, and then at birth it comes down, to inhabit a body, and is swept into a ragin...
    4 months ago
  • This Job, Not That Job - *What I'm reading: The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon* *What I'm listening to: Incomplete by James Bay* Isn't it fun to spend your birthday ...
    9 months ago
  • ... gloriously exciting! - There is something gloriously exciting about anticipating ones next Chad assignment, sitting in the back of the relative comfort of seat 34J, the the dron...
    2 years ago
  • Time-Out - Every now and again in life we come across a bump or hurdle. It can come in our relationships, our finances or as in my case, health. Right now I've been...
    3 years ago
  • thumbs up - it was a battle. looking back i don't think we ever had a chance, but you don't just give up on a young man in the prime of his life. we had to try. he ...
    3 years ago