Friday 22 June 2012

Alliteration Based On The Letter ‘T’
The Thirst

Image Source

The other day I wrote an Alliteration based on the letter S, This was quite a bit of fun, not to mention a bit of a challenge, so I thought I wold have another go at it. This one based on the letter T is about the way the plains in Africa become more dangerous as the rains make them more beautiful. Touareg are a type of African cow, as for the rest I’m afraid you will have to use a dictionary, but trust me it does make sense.

Alliteration Based On The Letter ‘T’ – The Thirst

The Tumultuous Thunderclap
Tears The Torrid Troposphere.
Thick Thorn Thicket Trammeles
Tightly Tethered Touareg.
Tentative Tears Tumble
Teasing The Thirsty Terra.

Then The Torrent Triggers.
Trickles Twist Together,
Then Tributaries tear trenches
Through The Terracotta Terrain
The Tide Tremulously Trumpets.

Thirst Tempered,
Tasty Tussocks Thrive.
Transient Throngs Traipse Traditional Tracks,
Trailing Treacherous Toothed Terrors
Tactically Tracking, Targeting,
Then Terminating The Tenderfeet.

This Time,
The Time Torrents Tempt Tender Tucker
To Transform The Tortured Transvaal.
The Technicolor Treasure Trove
Turns To Treacherous Tracks.

John Carré Buchanan
22 June 2012

10 comments:

  1. 'tis terrific, terribly touching
    Try to tell thy tenacious team
    to take time to tailor tangible tales
    that tame the taciturnity.
    (free translation from Germanish)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lydia, Thanks very much for your comment, I loved the Alliteration in your response.

      Delete
  2. Clever! Even makes sense! I thought the Tuareg was a Saharan tribe of nomads? Guess ya learn something new everyday! Seeing this makes me want to have a go sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L.A.B. Thanks for the comment, I must admit it took quite a bit to make it make sense and I'm glad it made sense to you too.
      As for the Tuareg, I suspect the breed of cow was named after the nomads, I could only find a few African cows begining with a T so I chose Tuareg, perhaps I should have chosen Tuli or Tswana.

      Delete
  3. thanks for posting this kind of poem. it helps me a lot for my demo teaching which is the sound of /t/ of soft th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, It's a pleasure, I am glad the poem will help. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
    2. Great Job Mr.Buchanan! It was wonderful and live like to read. I like the imagination created to express this poem beautifully!

      Delete
    3. Thusmina Sivendran, thank you for your kind comment. I am glad you enjoyed the poem.

      Delete
  4. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say
    that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.

    After all I will be subscribing to your feed and
    I'm hoping you write once more soon!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate constructive feedback. If you are able to comment it would be most grateful.