Tuesday 17 January 2012

Early Memories - Kenya I


As a child I travelled the world with my parents. Between the ages of one and four I lived with them in Kenya. They took every opportunity to get out and about, as such I did things that most other children of my age didn’t do.

I thought that I would record some of my earliest memories as short poems. This is the first I hope you like it;

Early Memories - Kenya I

The car was stuck in a pothole
by a leopard in a tree.
We waited for a ranger
to come and pull us free.
That day I ate more gingerbread
Then I’d ever had before'
as mum and dad kept me quiet
by bribing me with more.

John Carré Buchanan
16 January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate constructive feedback. If you are able to comment it would be most grateful.