Monday 9 May 2011

6A


We are often too busy to stop and look around and actually observe life. When I used to travel a lot there were frequently delays and all too often I would getting frustrated and wound up.

On the rare occasion that I was not rushing to get to the next meaningless event in my life, I would just sit back and watch the world go by. This is something I do a lot more of nowadays, I wish I had taken the time to do more of it back then.

6A

Old lady in front of me
with purple hair aglow.
Young man beside her
a face I think I know.

School girls sharing homework,
mild panic in their eyes.
Businessmen on Blackberries
yet to wear their ties.

The bell up front sounds again
and “High Viz” brushes past.
How I love this people watching
It’s really quite a blast.

John Carré Buchanan
30 August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate constructive feedback. If you are able to comment it would be most grateful.